When you use Arculus™ to store your private keys, even if your phone is lost or stolen, no one will be able to access your crypto. Because Arculus uses 3-factor authentication, you need your PIN, biometric and Arculus Key™ Card to access your crypto. These three factors of authentication act like a vault keeping your private keys, and hence crypto, safe and out of the wrong hands.
Here are the steps to take if you need to Restore your Wallet to a new phone (or other mobile device):
- Open the Arculus Wallet™ App on your new phone.
- Tap “Get Started.”
- Present the Arculus Key Card to the back of the phone (or other mobile device) as instructed.
- Select “Restore Wallet.”
- Create a 6 number PIN.
- Note: Recovering a wallet and creating a new PIN during the restore phase will overwrite any previous PIN associated with the Arculus Key Card, so the PIN for all devices will be the most recent PIN created.
- Confirm 6 number PIN.
- Type in the 12-word secret passphrase (Note: should be all lowercase) and hit “Restore.”
- Present the Arculus Key Card to the back of the phone (or other mobile device) as instructed - this may take a few moments, so please leave the Arculus Key Card attached to the back of the phone (or other mobile device).
- Click “Get Started” / “Go to the Home Screen.
- Your Arculus wallet is now restored!