What to do if your card has been either lost or stolen
If your card has been lost or stolen, please purchase a new Arculus Card and use your recovery phrase to restore your wallet on your phone. However, your recovery phrase will still work in other third party wallet apps that use the same wallet derivation paths as Arculus, so if you do not wish to purchase a new card after losing yours, and would like to restore in another wallet app instead, you can do that. Please see this article for more information on how you could do that.
It’s important to note that because Arculus™ uses three-factor authentication, even if someone steals your card, they wouldn’t be able access your crypto without also having your PIN and your biometric. These three factors of authentication act like a vault keeping your private keys, and hence crypto, safe and out of the wrong hands.
What to do if your phone has been either lost or stolen
When you use Arculus™ to store your private keys, even if your phone is lost or stolen, no one will be able to access your crypto. Because Arculus uses 3-factor authentication, you need your PIN, biometric and Arculus Card to access your crypto. These three factors of authentication act like a vault keeping your private keys, and hence crypto, safe and out of the wrong hands.
Here are the steps to take if you need to Restore your Wallet to a new phone (or other mobile device):
- Open the Arculus Wallet™ App on your new phone.
- Tap “Get Started.”
- Present the Arculus card to the back of the phone (or other mobile device) as instructed.
- Select “Restore Wallet.”
- Create a 6 number PIN.
Note: Recovering a wallet and creating a new PIN during the restore phase will overwrite any previous PIN associated with the Arculus card, so the PIN for all devices will be the most recent PIN created.
- Confirm 6 number PIN.
- Type in the 12 or 24 word recovery phrase (Note: should be all lowercase) and hit “Restore.”
- Present the Arculus card to the back of the phone (or other mobile device) as instructed - this may take a few moments, so please leave the Arculus card attached to the back of the phone (or other mobile device).
- Click “Get Started” / “Go to the Home Screen.
- Your Arculus wallet is now restored!